Looking for volunteer opportunities?
We have them!
As a non-profit organization, volunteers are essential to the success of Centerstage Theatre. We are always looking for eager members of the community who have an interest in the arts and who want to become a part of the Centerstage Theatre volunteer program.
To volunteer, you can sign up now!
For more information about becoming a Centerstage Theatre volunteer, contact our Community Engagement Manager, Jessica Anderson:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 661-1444
For those seeking to volunteer at the theatre, a variety of opportunities are available. Anyone, age 16 or older, is welcome to participate in our volunteer program.
Frequent assistance is needed in these areas:
- Marketing – Assist staff with distribution of posters and other marketing materials.
- Production Support – Work on sets, transportation and costumes for Centerstage productions. We also have spotlight operator positions open.
- Ushering – Help patrons at performances with seating, ticket taking and other pre- and post-show duties.
- Bartending – Craft our delicious signature cocktails and serve other alcoholic beverages to our patrons. Current MAST permit required.
- Box Office – Work in the Box Office during shows. Additional training required.
- Volunteer Coordination – Help with our volunteer recruitment and coordination.
Other areas of assistance needed:
- Photography & Video – Occasional photography of non-performance theatre events.
- Theatre Tours – Lead tours of theatre as requested by the public or for special events.
- Writing – Write articles requested by staff for publication in newsletters and other publications.
- Hospitality – Arrange food for cast and crew during two-show days, help with Opening Night party, helping with Centerstage special events.
- Income Generation – Research grants, help with grant writing, help identify potential show sponsors and playbill advertisers.
- Design Work – Website maintenance, marketing materials.